Friday, May 20, 2011

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, and The HAIR Fairy

What???  You have never heard of the Hair Fairy.  Well, grab a cup of coffee and read the "true"story of The Hair Fairy.

Once upon a time, in a land not so far away, (Tunnel Hill, GA to be exact), there lived a mom who rarely fixed her hair, (me), and her roots were in desperate need of being dyed back to their "natural" color.  She was totally unaware of her condition and was relying on the sun to bleach those roots.  While going along merrily in her daily life, the young prince, (Ty), made a profound declaration.  He said, "Mommy, your hair is changing.  It used to be blonde and now it's brown on top!"  The poor mom was astonished at this proclamation.  She began to share this predicament with her friends.  Not wanting to spend money on her hair, the mom determined in her heart to allow the sun to work it's magic.  Little did she know that The Hair Fairy was taking notes.  Then early one Saturday morning, she received an unbelievable text stating that she needed to report to Julie at Lux Salon.  There her hair would be transformed and best of all, it was paid for in full!!!  The mom was astounded at the kindness and generousity that had been bestowed on her by The Hair Fairy!  The mom went to Lux Salon and was changed into a queen.  And from that day forward, the mom felt like a queen because her once dreary, two-toned locks were now back to their dazzling, "natural" color!

This is a very true story!  I changed the names in the story to protect the privacy of the parties involved!  HA!.. In all seriousness, I do have a Hair Fairy.  Her name is Paige Buckner.  She really did pay for me to have my hair done.  And yes, Ty really did say that about my hair. 

To my friend, Paige, you will never know how much your gift meant to me.  Throughout this last year you have been my Hair Fairy, my faithful blog follower, my encourager, and above all, my friend.  Thank you for all are!  I love you sister!  Thank you for being my friend and I appreciate your advice, (especially concerning my hair)!

Psalm 27:9 Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,

and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.


Before

 

After
My roots have been rescued by The Hair Fairy, AKA Paige Buckner!


3 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!!! I love being in a fairy tale!!!! You, my friend, have been such an awesome, encouraging neighbor to have. I am the blessed one in this relationship!!!

    Love you my precious queen!!!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Past time for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crazy girls are BOTH beautiful!

    ReplyDelete