Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things I Thought I Would Never Do!!!



I was talking with my dad the other day and saying I have done things since I have turned 35 that I thought I would never do!  He asked what those things were.  So here is what I told him:

1.  Plant a garden!  ( I have never been a fan of bugs, dirt, or sweat).

2.  Run a 5K and my 10K is coming up!  (Again, never been a fan of sweating or exercising).

3.  The craziest of all, taking part in an American Idol Home Town Parade! (Not big on mass hysteria).

To which my dad responded, "Don't forget, adopting a child from China!"  I just laughed and said that was the most logical and easy to believe thing that I had done! 

The picture above was taken before the American Idol Parade for Lauren Alaina.  We were invited to be in the parade to represent The Good Stuff, by my friend Christy McCain.  She is an amazing woman.  She is a Christian, wife, mother, writer, entrepreneur, and much more.  She submitted an article to the Chattanoogan.com online paper and featured me and the girls in her article!  Here is the link to the article.  It also contains a link to her website.  She has an awesome product line that features wonderful gift items.  The candles and bath salts are my favorite.

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201390.asp



As for the garden and the running a 10K, if I live through it, I will tell you how it goes!


Here are a couple of pics of Lauren singing at LFO high school.  Go Lauren Alaina!

No comments:

Post a Comment