Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Not yet!

I can not believe Ty is a first grader!  I have a confession to make.  When I was a homeroom teacher I would always get frustrated with parents who walked their kids in to their class EVERY DAY.  I mean, really, they can get to their room by themselves.  Cut the apron strings people!  Well, that was until "my baby" came to school.  I walk him to his class EVERY day.  He wants me to.  He holds my hand.  The other day he said, "Mommy, you are so beautiful"!  I just wanted to cry because I am painfully aware that there is a day coming when he will not want me to walk him to his class.  He will not want to hold  my hand in front of everybody and he certainly won't think I'm beautiful.  But....not yet!

1 comment:

  1. oh soak it in....Will and Caroline both walked themselves to their KINDERGARTEN rooms from day 2 on...never looking back!

    Ty is such a sweet boy...love him!!!

    ReplyDelete